week 15 Reading Notes B Dante's Inferno



For today I continued reading Dante's Inferno. I continued to struggle to understand parts of what I was reading so I went online to search for some explanation videos. After that, I tried reading it and it made more sense but it's still a strange book. I like the idea of how he travels down the different levels and matches the punishments to the sins. In one of the videos, I saw they talked about how Dante was Italian and therefore really hated the greeks and that's why there are so many greek people in Hell and I thought that was funny. How Dante was so petty he wrote a book where he punished them lol. Anyways, it was really cool to see how Dante mixed religion with mythology. I wasn't expecting to see all the mythological creatures in this book but it worked out really well. The order of Hell is interesting, as well as how Dante classified sins from least to most sinful. I have no idea what I'm going to write about for my story this week. This story is really creative, but I just don't know where to go with it. 

Today's stories: Dante's Divine Comedy, translated by Tony Kline (2002).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath