week 14 reading notes B - Lang's European Fairy tales II


Medio Pollito. Image source

For today's reading, I accidentally read the first part of Lang's Fairy tales II instead of reading the second part of Lang's Fairy tales I. These were interesting I had never heard of any of them so it was a lot of learning. I thought the one about the half chicken was kinda funny. The plot was a bit mean but I guess that's life. The story about clever maria really confused me I didn't get much of what was going on in that one. The one about the seven-headed serpent was kinda boring since it was basically all like background info, hardly any action took place. The one about the girl spitting diamonds from her mouth was also boring to me. All in all other than the chicken one I wasn't really interested in these stories.

Story source: The Green Fairy Book by Andrew Lang, illustrated by H. J. Ford (1892).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath