Week 14 reading - Langs European fairy tales


A shower curtain of what I imagine Kiza would look like. 

For this weeks readings I read Lang’s European Fairy tales. I chose to read them because I wanted to read the story about “puss in boots.” It was nothing like I expected it definitely did not have the same plot as the puss in boots movies I watched. But I really liked how the cat helped get his master rich. It made me really curious to find out what would happen when the king and princess find out that they were lying the whole time. That story was followed by the dirty shepardess one I think, which was super similar to a previous story I had read although I don’t remember the title right now. It had the same “salt” predicament followed by the prince almost dying because he would only be happy by marrying the princess. In the end they married and the daughter pulls the salt trick on her dad to prove what she meant by her original statement. Then was the story about Kiza the cat which I really liked as well. That story wasn’t a simple cute one it actually had some gross stuff but that made it pretty unique. I almost forgot the story about trickster that has to trick the dragon and ends up becoming king that one was okay lol. 

Story source: The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang, illustrated by H. J. Ford (1889).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath