Week 12 reading notes B - English Fairy Tales






For this weeks readings I chose the English fairy Tales. They were pretty fun to read, the one about the cat and the mouse was funny and I wasn’t expecting the cat to eat the mouse lmao. When he would call her my lady I assumed there was some weird relationship going on but I guess not. The one about Cap o’ Rushes was really good as well. I liked how it started and it reminded me some of Cinderella. The plot was that she leaves, finds a house to work in, goes to dances disguised, makes her master’s son fall in love with her, then she marries him, invites her dad to the wedding and there he finds out how much she loved him even though her told her to leave and never come back. It was a nice story with a lot of details.




Story source: English Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1890).

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath