Week 11 Extra Credit Reading Crash Course Creation and Destruction.



Loki and his kids seem so powerful, I wish they would have been included in the movies.

For this week's extra credit reading I watched the Creation and Destruction videos. As always, they were really entertaining and very informative. They mention the cyclical nature of creation and destruction since most of these doomsday myths often end with the creation of a new world. This I'm pretty familiar with since the Aztec creation legend has the Earth become destroyed and recreated several times. However, I do not know if the Aztec have an apocalypse story. That might be something interesting to look into. Actually, that might be a great idea. This is just me writing out my thoughts but for my storybook project, I could try to search for an Aztec apocalypse. And then essentially I'll just find a way to have Quetzalcoatl destroy the world except for like Huitzilli and his family and the people of Tollan. In the Aztec stories several of the Gods have caused the destruction of mankind, so why Quetzalcoatl? This could work, I'm kinda excited to see where this could go.

This week's videos:  Crash Course Myth: Creation and Destruction

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath