Week 9 reading a - Filipino Popular Tales

A macaque monkey, which seems to be in a lot of the stories. Image


For today’s reading I chose the Filipino popular tales. The stories reminded me a lot of the African stories I read for week 7. Most of them involved some sort of trick or trickster like the African ones did. A lot of them followed the same plot? Where the trickster would trick them into eating hot peppers that they said belong to the king and then got them to wear the Kings belt which was actually a boa and killed the poor soul lol. Other than the ones that followed the same plot, the others were really interesting as I had never heard or read them before. I really liked the ones that had the moral written out at the end. It made the purpose or educational part of the story clear which I wasn’t too sure about on the others.

Filipino Popular Tales by Dean Spruill Fansler

Link to stories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath