Week 8 Extra Credit Reading - Crash Course

This week's videos were very interesting. They talked about the African, Norse, and Indian pantheons. Each is incredibly complex and there is a lot of material to take in. I expected to know the most about the Norse one from what I had seen on TV, but I guess I shouldn't be too quick to trust Hollywood to be historically precise. I didn't know Thor had red hair, Odin had several more kids than I knew about, and Thor's mom was the Earth? I really enjoyed learning about the mythology of the Yoruba people from West Africa. We are learning about them in my African Repercussions class and the professor had mentioned the Orisha to us in class and how they basically possess some human bodies in these sacred rituals. There's a lot going on there as well. I really enjoy learning more mythology through these videos. The videos are put together really well and I love the animations.

Link to videos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath