Week 6 Extra Credit Reading Notes: Overview of Mythology





I watched all three videos and I have so many questions. I never knew that myths were studied this intensely. There is so much to them that I do not even know where to begin. I like the idea of the monomyth, I think it's a great way to turn a myth into more than just a story. The theory that everyone is a hero makes these stories far more relate-able. I never thought that I would relate to Odysseus fighting a cyclops, but with this theory maybe I have already fought mine or will fight mine idk. Thinking about myth's this way can definitely inspire some people with the "if they can do it, then so can I" mentality. Now after watching these videos I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the universal traits they talked about and will definitely consider them when I am working on my storybook project.

Videos found at: http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2017/12/crash-course-myth-overview-of-mythology.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath