Feedback Thoughts

If at first you don’t succeed, try try again!

Image from: https://www.cio.com/article/3211485/why-it-projects-still-fail.html

The first article I read was “Talking About Failure is Crucial for Growth. Here’s How to do it Right.” That article was very informative and well written. It provides a lot of good points and examples. We all experience failure at some point in our lives so learning how to deal with failure is a crucial skill to being successful. I agree that talking about one’s failures or problems with friends or coworkers is a great way to learn. Talking about it with other people allows you release any negative feelings you have about that failure and reflect on what you did and how you could have improved. I also think talking about it with coworkers makes you seem more human and approachable. I love how they talk about social media. These days it’s really just a platform where people post only their accomplishments. It makes others who aren’t receiving the same attention seem insignificant and can really create self doubt in some individuals. And that’s just not true, people shouldn’t base their self worth off others, social media is fun but it can also be very harmful.

The second article i read was “Giving Creative Feedback - A Guide For Those That Aren’t Creative.”  This article was helpful by providing me with some questions to think about next time I need to give feedback. I am usually not the best at giving feedback because I never know what to look for. Unless, you ask me for help with anything math or science my feedback is usually pretty bland. With the arts though, it requires a lot more creativity and out of the box thinking to achieve a final product. I hope that next time I need to give feedback I can remember to use some of these questions.

Comments

  1. Hi Jose!
    I couldn't agree with you more! I loved how they mentioned social media and its effect on our society today. Some people live and breathe to update their social media pages, while others don't have the means to post what is thought to be "cool and unique adventures". I get on instagram and see people in the mountains, or traveling to the beach, or eating super fancy food, and I sometimes wonder why I can't have that also. I have to remind myself that it isn't about what you post on social media, but what you appreciate in your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath