Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Cupid and Psyche

Week 4: Aesop (Winter)

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Sinbad

Week 6: Twenty Two Goblins

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Congo

Week 9: African Tales

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: California Southwest

Week 11: Alaska

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Beowulf

Week 13: Celtic Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Lang 1

Week 15: Inferno


I read Beowulf in high school, but it been so long I don't remember most of it. I remember that I liked it so I'm excited to read it again. 

I found this picture at: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-43045874

I'm not too familiar with many of these stories so I am interested in seeing what they will be like. When choosing stories, I based my decisions primarily on whether or not I had heard of it before. Most of the ones I chose were ones I had never heard of, I figured that I'd rather learn something new than to reread one I was already familiar with. I did choose one story I have already read.  I have to say, I'm disappointed that none of these units include anything from Latin or South America. Hopefully, they will be included in the near future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath