Storybook Favorites


Storybooks

The Question is the Thing.


This was the first storybook that caught my eye. This storybook was full of riddles and magical creatures which I have always been interested in. I was familiar with a couple of the creatures in the tale like the phoenix and sphinx, but it also included a creature from China which I had never heard. The introduction was good, I liked how it ends ominously. I liked the design, I like when stories include a lot of images so that you can see for yourself what the author is talking about.  

"Itzamna's Desolation."
Image from "The Book of All letters"
The Book of All Letters.


This was the second book that caught my eye. I have seen pictures of ancient languages and inscriptions before but I'm not too familiar with them. As a Latino, I was really interested when I saw the Mayans and their language incorporated into the story. One thing I really thought incredible in this story is how the book changes depending on the words you chose. It leads you down different paths and I thought that was very creative. This book also incorporated a lot of illustrations and images in his story and I really liked them. 

Death's Final Story. 


I really like stories told from Death's point of view. I think they provide such a unique and interesting way of telling stories. This story was unique in that it depicted Death as another mortal, and that Death must pass on his duties to another. I thought that was really interesting and seemed to personify death more than usual. My favorite though has to be the one about the three brothers from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.  That was the first time I had read a story told from Death's perspective and I was amazed. This story incorporates a lot of other stories that I'm not familiar with and thus makes it a little more difficult for me to really know what's going on sometimes, but it was still an interesting story to read. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 4 Storytelling - Hannah's Wrath